Thursday, February 17, 2022
- Preferable way: WD-40. Drop it to the rusty place. Then be patient, wait for around 10 minutes. The rust will be dissolved.
- Mix baking soda with water. Then apply it to rusty place. Maybe wait for few minutes to let soda complete its work.
- Coca-Cola - this drink already contains soda and other chemicals. While they are not good for human health, they dissolve rust.
Saturday, February 12, 2022
- With a soldering iron.
- Fix two parts of the broken thing together. E. g. with a clamp, vise, tape or just with your hands.
- Heat up your soldering iron.
- Make Frankenstein stitches (transverse stitches) with soldering iron at the broken connection.
- Make same stitches at the opposite side of the connection.
- Use metal wire or thin metal mesh. Melt it into the plastic connection. It will become a fitting.
- Melt and weld external plastic into the connection to fill it up. E. g. zip tie could serve as a filler rod. You will cover metal mesh and fill in the connection with additional plastic.
- Sand the result with sandpaper to make it look nice.
- With heat gun or iron
- If the 2 parts are even, we can merely heat them with a heat gun or with an iron. And then press and stick together. Attention: this way was not always successful for me.